Wednesday, March 5, 2008

passed


I hate to run - don't know if I've mentioned that - but I do.

Nevertheless I do it on occasion, to get my energy out - to help me sleep.

The past three days have left me unable to run - my acl injury is acting up - hyper extending - just a very awkward, horrible feeling. So today at the gym I decide that I will just walk really fast - I am a fast walker as it is - and a pretty good sprinter when I get down to it.

So, as I am making my way around the track I am passed by an older gentleman.
An older gentleman with a cane.
An older gentleman with a little white cane.
An older gentleman with a little white cane and dark glasses.

HE IS BLIND! And running alone - with just the cane!

I'm just giving up now. When you are lapped by a 65 year old blind man - there's really no point running at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch.

~Treats

Melanie said...

Seriously, this would also be me... But I have no weird tendon problems or whatever it is you have. I am just OUT OF SHAPE. However, after the old duffer started to pass me I would undoubetly risk life and limb to regain some level of a pathetic lead, jump and cheer when I beat him to the "finish line" thus humiliating my husband... Trust me.