Saturday, February 7, 2009

conferences

I am sitting at parent-teacher conferences which, considering our family's educational background is a strange place to be.

A year ago, my kids had never been in public school, and I certainly never thought I'd be doling out grades to anybody but my own two kids.

But here I am, between conferences, waiting for the next parent. I never have anything bad to say . . . unless you can count "Wow she talks a lot," as bad - which I don't. I really like all of the kids I teach, and they all have their strengths.

Yesterday, they performed in front of the whole school and all of the parents. Most of these kids had never been on stage before . . . but they were so confident, so enthusiastic, that they brought the house down . . . and I was so, so happy (just for a while) that we have taken this journey this year.

I am still waiting for the parents of the one kid who makes dirty jokes under his breath to show up . . .other than that, it should be smooth sailing for me today.

No comments: