Sunday, May 10, 2009

great day

It's pretty hard to have a bad day when your kids let you sleep in as late as you want.

When I woke up - the house wasn't even destroyed. On the contrary, my room was decorated with little love notes and hand-drawn pictures. Punk gave me a kiss and said, "Stay right here!"

He and Kooka served me breakfast in bed - Captain Crunch, S'more Pop Tarts, and mini cream puffs - separately, those are my favorites, together a hypoglycemic reaction that took hours to shake. I had to pry my tongue from the roof of my mouth, to request a small glass of milk.

But, later we packed turkey sandwiches on french bread and headed to the park for a picnic. I was still coasting on a sugar high, but the crash hit hard, so after a snuggle and story I fell back asleep. The kids played quietly until I woke up, then we met Aaron for dinner and more park time. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. What sweet kids you have!

~Treats