Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the worst feeling ever

As much as I hate to get on an airplane tomorrow, what I hate even worse, was the fact, that for about 30 minutes tonight, I thought my child was lost (or worse - yes worse) in the woods.

He was on a school trip, and in case you are wondering - has been pulled from such school, until somebody - anybody, will tell us why the hell this happened - and what (if anything) they'll do to keep it from happening again.

I am exhausted from crying, Punk is not doing much better. He is OK, and the story is too long to explain here . . .but I will say this much:

The girl who has hit him in the face no less than 4 times this year, is still in his class despite their "so called" zero tolerance policy on violence. Apparently she gets an exception to beating the $#!t out of her classmates because she is "special needs" (Punk is not the only one who has been hit by her). And I am pretty sure that her "special need" is that she needs a "special kick in the ass" - but I digress . . .

First we have the issue with the class bully, and now nobody knew where our kid was for 45 minutes in the woods at dusk.

To be continued . . .

2 comments:

Treats said...

We need to talk...I have experience with this issue. Good for you for pulling Punk out. Call me when you're back and we'll chat.

Juliette/Paul said...

What school are your kids going to now? And where are you living? Are you still teaching at Shadduck (sp?)?