Saturday, December 12, 2009

slacker

My aunt with the Texas accent and no snow to shovel, recently brought to my attention, that I am doing a rather crappy job of updating this blog lately.

Therfore I feel compelled to post something - even if it is not all that interesting.

Our week started out with a snowstorm. Of course the professor was out of town - he's always conveniently out of town when it snows. And within days someone invariably asks him how he's liking Minnesota, and he says, "I don't understand why everybody says the winters are so hard . . .we have WET snow out east . . ."

Wet schmet.

Our dry snow was plenty challenge for Punk and Kooka and I. Thankfully I had a headmaster's holiday on the day of the storm, and didn't have to go to school. It took the three of us FIVE HOURS to shovel the driveway. Granted, we had two pair of decent gloves and three $4.99 shovels between us - but STILL. We just managed to get it cleared out when the snowplow came through and covered us up again. Somehow, Punk and I mustered enough energy to clear it off so the professor to pull his van in when he returned from the airport.

And right now, Punk and Kook are working on the world's biggest snowfort in our yard. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Treats said...

When the snow fort is done, here's something to try: N and B once put food coloring in water and sprayed the fort to ice it up. It was pretty cool.