Sunday, September 28, 2008

update

This new schedule is seriously cramping my style . . . there is no time to write, and I absolutely hate that. Here are some highlights of the week:

Kooka was moved up another 12 levels in reading - putting her at level 24, which is short chapter books. She was thrilled about this - so were we. She also took an Irish step dance class at my school, with Celtic Spring - a family group that was featured on "America's Got Talent." She was the youngest one there, as most of the kids in the class were high schoolers, but she managed to keep up (thanks to a little help from Lucy).

Punk started his gifted reading program - which he loves. He also started art club at my school, and orchestra at his own. He is whipping through his rocket math now, and seems to be settling into a routine. He still claims that school is terribly boring . . . conferences are next week - we will see what happens then.

I gave my first test last week - and nobody aced it. Midterms are due this week. Conferences are the week after. Kooka, Punk and I attended a concert at Hogwarts (what they call my school), and they met some of my students. They asked Punk if he was going to go to school there and he said "OH yeah!"

We'll see . . . . .

2 comments:

Naomi said...

You've been busy!! I hope this week is a little easier! I'm off to my second week of school in a little bit. I can't understand anything except the English class, so I spend a lot of time studying Lithuanian! Enjoy the week: )
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

Anonymous said...

What a busy life you have been living. I hope it settles down for you and a routine falls into place. I miss your writing.
XXXXXX
Cheryl (Eileen)