Thursday, January 8, 2009

come ON



THIS is my new senator.

I have said before that I need to move out of this state. This confirms it. At least when there is a tornado they turn on the sirens . . . but giving Stuart Smalley a seat in the senate with no warning whatsoever?!!! This has GOT to be a joke.

And it's not like I am all down with Norm Coleman either. Just because he looks like a long-lost Osmond brother does not exactly make me a fan. (Though it is a definite plus).

I am just tired of the lemming-like atmosphere. I mean, as long as I'm living in the state of quasi-celebrities moving here just to force their foot into the door of Minnesota's star-struck, uber-liberal voting masses, why don't we get somebody good?

There are a dozen Saturday Nite Live cast members I would pick over this dude.

Adam Sandler - self-proclaimed moron, but at least he admits it.

David Spade - a complete jerk - just like Al Franken, but when he speaks it's clever.

Amy Poehler - if she could just do that Caitlyn thing to everybody on the house sub-committee - she could pass any bill she wanted.

Actually, when it comes down to it, I am not all that picky - we have plenty of local talent, and it would not take much to be an improvement. . . Bob Dylan, T.R. Knight, Prince, Loni Anderson, those skanky blonde triplets that were in Playboy, the guy from Pawn America, the dog from Minnesota Bound . . . need I go on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come ON, Jana! Compared to Norm Coleman who voted with the Bush Administration 90% of the time, you are complaining about Al Franken?

Focus on the issues of the candidate, not on whether or not they were a comedian. At this point, you would think people would consider support of the criminal Bush Administration as a past that is worse than that of being a comedian.

* said...

Not sure who wrote this . . . but the whole villifying of GB is getting old for me too. Yeah - he was not so good at his job, but saying that everyone who ever agreed with the guy is a criminal - is a crock.

It is pretty easy to blame one guy for everything - bet when St. Obama takes office - people won't blame HIM for any troubles our country has. Noooooo - then it will all be "well he's cleaning up GB's mess" OR "if people would just work together..."

I am sooo sick of lazy Americans blaming politicians for everything. Maybe people should quit complaining and actually DO something. If everybody in the country volunteered one hour a week - we wouldn't have these issues.

And the whole point is that I AM focusing on the candidate - and I wish other people would too - Franken is an arrogant idiot. Coleman is a poster boy for political puppets. People would do better to support real candidates - people who can do some good - not just somebody with a famous name or Osmond teeth.