Friday, November 9, 2007

here goes my self-respect



I was late for work today. And it wasn't for the usual reasons. Everybody was dressed, had their bags packed, hair combed - and I could not leave the house because of Donny Osmond. He was on Oprah and I could not tear myself away.

So this is my moment of truth: I love Donny Osmond. I do. Ever since I was 5 and he ice skated into my living room on Friday nights. I had the Donny doll and the purple socks. I saw Joseph 4 times. I still listen to Soldier of Love on my i-pod.

I've heard rumors of a reunion tour - I hope it's true. Now all they have to do is bring that one BeeGee back from the dead, turn Michael Jackson back into an 8-year old,reunite New Kids on the Block and I could live happily ever after.

Bring it on - I know the smart-alec comments are coming.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geee, where do I start?

Aaron

Anonymous said...

you need a new hero...like britney spears, gotta love the 21st century

Anonymous said...

Whatever, I will always have a soft spot for the New Edition "Bobby Brown". We all have our crosses to bear and 'Soldier of Love' rocks along with Martika's 'Toy Soldiers'.

-Ritu

Anonymous said...

Oooh, J...this is way too much ammunition all at once. I don't even know where to begin. Is David Cassidy on your list of crushes? Donny Osmond wears a "garment" under his clothes. Doesn't this do anything to your little crush? Plus, he's a grandpa.

I'll quit now lest I go down a path that shouldn't be printed where little eyes can see.

rylini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

For once, I am speechless...

Anonymous said...

If even melanie is speechless and I want to see my grandchildre again, I guess I will just say h-m-m-m-m-
love, GRANDMA