Tuesday, July 1, 2008

kooka's best thing



My mom said I could pick a camp to do this summer - and my best thing is horses, so I picked horse riding. On my first day I met my horse, his name was Bernie. He looked like a white horse with black spots. My teacher's name is Annie. First I rode him bareback with just holding on his mane. Then Annie told me to put my hands on my hips and ride, second she told me to put my arms out. She also told me to do around the world (like in the picture). Pretend that you are regular on a horse, then you have to stay on the horse and put your leg over so you are sitting like ladies did in olden times, then you turn again so you are facing the back, then to the other side so you are olden times again, then back to the front.

So far my favorite part of horse lessons was when I got to ride by myself with the reigns and also ride in the field. I love my horse lessons.

by kooka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of you with the horse! I'm glad you're having fun!

~Treats