Friday, August 29, 2008

mourning

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I miss homeschooling already. Nobody is actually IN school yet, but already I can't stand it. All the stuff we ordered for this year is sitting in box on the couch - and it is the coolest stuff - solar powered robot kits, election games, city planning kits from JA - it was going to be a great year.

But now I am sending them both away. Their teachers seem nice enough, both kids are somewhat excited about the adventure (though Punk says he is SURE he will lose an entire year of intelligence), so why am I so grumpy about it?

4 comments:

Rapp family fun said...

It's a big paradigm change for you guys. I guess it's time for them to spread new wings and see what they think about it. They will always have an awesome mom/teacher to come home to and discuss all that they learn-or don't learn. I think your kids with flourish no matter what they do! And if you want a buddy to build robort's with I'm in!

Melanie said...

City planning kits?! I could definitely benefit from one of those lessons... It's never too late. Or is it?

Anonymous said...

I have to agree that the big change will make you uneasy and there's nothing wrong with deciding that you all want to go back to homeschooling. But, it's a new experience and sometimes it's in the wake of uncertainty that brings life's biggest surprises.

And I'd keep the city planning kit- You can be mayor at 18. Noah's halfway there.

Anonymous said...

I thought about all of you a lot today. I'm waiting for first day of school pictures. Anybody have tears other than you, J? I'm anxious to hear how everyone did. I hope it was a good day...

~Treats