Saturday, August 23, 2008

the scoop


I have been keeping this mum for a while . . . in great part, because I was not sure how I felt about it. . . but at the risk of being accidentally found out, I need to say it here:

Punk is going to public school. He is not thrilled about it - and I am even less so, but it is necessary . . . because I will be teaching someone else's kids.

It feels kind of weird to be hired as a real teacher, I'll be working at a private school, teaching dance in their arts program. It is the perfect gig for me - and a free $130,000 private school education for each of my kids once they reach 6th grade . . . IF that is what we choose.

And I am not sure what we will decide to be quite honest. I still consider us homeschoolers - and this is just another adventure for us. Who knows how long it will last.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I know the homeschooling aspect is kind of a bummer, but what a great opportunity - for everyone.

Plus if you don't like it, it's not forever.

I'm excited for you. I hope the blog will continue! I love hearing about all of the kids' adventures. Plus, teaching other children will undoubtedly give you something fun to blog about too.
M

Anonymous said...

Well let me be the first to say that I am available many nights to rough up any bullies the kids can't handle.
Also here is a great link on how to overcome any flaws in your drawing - http://a.viary.com/bizblog/posts/how-to-draw-anything-in-1-step

- Uncle Pseudonym