Tuesday, November 4, 2008

vote


Today we went to vote. The whole house voted for the same guy - except for me. I voted green. Not like my vote counts anyway - nobody's vote counts in Minnesota - unless you are DFL - it is one thing I hate about living here.

I miss Wisconsin - campaigning and feeling like there was some point to it. I am not staunchly one way or the other, but for now - I am firmly green. It is important to Punk and Kooka, and they are the ones who will have to deal with whatever we choose. (I also voted to increase sales tax to benefit the environment and the arts - for which Punk rewarded me with a HUGE hug and tremendous grin.) I voted for all of the incumbent judges - except for one, who has a nasty temper. He did not have an opponent, so I thought of the most level headed person I know - and wrote in her name. (You're welcome Treats).

The electoral college sort of sickens me - because like I said - if you live in MN, it is completely pointless to vote in a presidential election. Kooka and I are snuggling on the bed - she is cheering whenever Brian Williams awards another state to her guy. I love that she is more hyped up about this than Hannah Montana or High School Musical. Hope she stays this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm honored, J. Wow, I'd love to dispense punishments to people who sell drugs, litter and pick on people. Next time I'll have a campaign platform ahead of time and of course, lawn signs.

~Treats