Thursday, April 9, 2009

dying happy

Now it can happen.
Seriously.

Since I was 16 years old, I have always wanted to meet this guy. Actually, I have always wanted to BE this guy. He choreographed all of the videos and I obsessed over. He spent his days with Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, and and Usher.

I finally got my chance. I invited Barry Lather to do a workshop for my students at school, and thankfully he was up for it. I spent the day just watching the dude work - it was amazing! The kids loved it - and you know the class is a hit when 8th grade hockey boys give up their lunch period just to come back for more dance class. Look how happy they are:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should use the picture and story to get a big, fat raise!

~Treats

* said...

Tried that already - I think they would give HIM a big fat raise, but seeing as how I just stood there and watched . . .