Sunday, April 12, 2009

first communion

I always thought it would be a bigger deal - mine was - god knows my brother's was - he passed out at the altar (it was not the first time he went unconscious in church - and would not be the last). Anyway, for some reason, I figured this would be more eventful - maybe at least I would have KNOWN about it.

We went to church today, and Punk just decided to take communion. I had no clue until I turned around and he was chewing and making a sour face. He didn't think much of it, until I explained that most Christians made a pretty big deal about first communions, and even threw parties.

"You mean I could have gotten PRESENTS for that? Why didn't anybody tell me?"

"Well maybe next time you wanna give me a heads up before you do a shot of alcohol."

"I'll do that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only did I get a party and presents, but I got to pick anything I wanted to serve for a banquet that day in my honor. I chose Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (which we never got to have) and hot dogs. Why didn't I choose steak and lobster?

Pretty cool, Punk.

~Treats

Jamie Willow said...

hahaha that is hilarious! sounds like it was memorable in a unique way :) why be normal when you can be interesting!