Wednesday, June 24, 2009

fun part

Now comes the fun part.

For months - both Punk and I have been working on musical - he as an actor, me as the choreographer. It's been difficult. Working four jobs at once, getting Punk to his rehearsals, finishing up my stuff at school, and planning summer workshops almost drove me insane - almost. But this is the part I like best.

The best part of all, comes after the teaching - after all of the counting and questions, and music cuts. Now comes the watching, the waiting, the twisting and tweaking. I have three weeks to help the cast make this music theirs, to help Punk find his groove, to make Rosie and Albert really fall in love . . to make it all real.

This is the best part. It is why I love my job. It is why I do not miss acting myself anymore - not even a little bit. It is earth-moving to watch someone else carry out your creation - to watch it come to life.

And if you want to watch it too - you should go here, because tickets are selling quickly.

No comments: