Monday, July 6, 2009

team

I am not sure how they do it - but they do.
And they seem to love it.

It was another late night at the theater for us - probably later than it should have been, but Punk was wide awake, and promised me that he wasn't tired at all. Even Kooka stuck it out until 9:45.

It is a lot of work putting together a show like this - a cast of forty, 20-some songs - more songs than I have ever had in a show - and two less weeks to do it. It has been exhausting.

Yet, when it is all said and done . . .I know this is right for them. When I see them hanging out with great kids, when Punk is home drawing and has the soundtrack to Bye Bye Bye Bordie cranked throughout the house, just because he loves it, when my seven year old can carry on a legitimate conversation with an adult, when they say to me, "Mom, this has been hard - but in a few weeks I am really going to miss this, so lets just enjoy it" - that is when I know this is right for us.

It is not football, not chess club, not swim team, but it is our team, and we are lucky to be able to play.

3 comments:

Treats said...

It's the greatest place to be - I love that your family is a part of it all!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to watching the play tonight!!
~Naomi

Anonymous said...

GREAT show!!!!
~Naomi