Friday, August 14, 2009

the great kookini

Tomorrow is Kooka's big day - her big debut as a real magician.

Not sure why I am nervous - she's been performing since she was three - but still . . .it is unnerving to have your baby out of arms reach, in front of hundreds of people, attempting to entertain alone.

But for once, she is more nervous than me. I think the combination of singing and performing magic simultaneously has her little brain reeling. It was her choice, but when she said prayers tonight it went something like this, "Dear God, I know there are more important things out there, but please, please help me not to spill my water, and help me remember my words, and just not FREAK OUT!"

Yes, dear God, for the sake of us all, PLEASE.

1 comment:

treats said...

Good luck, sweetie! I know you will do well.