Thursday, May 3, 2007

creative writing

These are actual topic sentences from Punk's second grade journal:

• Once an egg went to a gravely, dusty wall to think about life.
• The mother forced her innocent son to do homework - was she working for the devil?
• If you were on my imagination island, you'd look to the left and see a small, cabinish, wood tree fort on four stilts.
• It was Jimmy's first birthday . . . and his last.

And then there was the next assignment:

10 things I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30:
by Punk
1) Make a movie
2) Invent a robot
3) Go to Disney 10 times
4) See the Badlands again
5) Ride in an RV for 5 weeks
6) Go to the ocean with my family again
7) Play the Rampage video game again
8) To have a life-size model dinosaur
9) Put Camp Snoopy back up again
10) Own a lizard

And Kooka's version:
1) To have a job
2) To be a swimming teacher, or a gardener, or a teacher with a chalkboard
3) To learn to cook bread
4) To have a pet cat, even though I'm allergic
5) To work at Disney World
6) To have a pony, because I don't think we can find a unicorn
7) To learn to walk on a tightrope
8) To visit a place where real princesses live
9) To type on the computer
10) To live in a house by my mom, but none of the houses in our neighborhood are pretty, except for that pink one, so you guys will have to move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kooka,
How do you feel about camels? Princesses who live in the desert ride them. We have fancy camels- they have TWO humps, at our zoo. I think you should visit this summer. Love, Sara