Sunday, December 9, 2007

advice



Punk was dispensing advice today, and he really wanted me to buy some.

"Come on Mom," he says, "Dad bought some, and it was really good."
"What advice did you give dad?"
"Do unto others as you would have done to you."
"Hmmmmmmm, that is good advice, but I am pretty sure it's not yours. Sounds like you are ripping off other people's advice."
"Wow you are picky."
"Yes, well seeing how I have to pay a nickel, I want my money's worth."
"Come on," he says, "I won't disappoint you."
I fish into my pocket and pay him.
"OK," he says, eyes serious,"This is great advice." He leans in close looks right in my eyes and says, "Never, I mean never, take advice from a guy like me."
He jumps off my bed and runs out of my room.

At first I think that he riped me off, but on second thought - it is pretty good advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Punk, you're my kind of guy! Way to get a nickle from your mom. Don't you think prices have risen in recent years? I think you at least deserve a quarter for that bit of advice.

Melanie said...

That was good advice.