Tuesday, December 18, 2007

traditions



We have a lot - of traditions, I mean. There are the 24 Christmas books - unwrapping one each day until Christmas; each kid picking a new ornament for the tree; cocoa almost every night; Christmas Eve at Pa's; Christmas Day at Grandma's; handmade stockings; and CHEESEBALLS.

I have been making them since the fourth grade - every Christmas. Giant rolls of cheese with chiles and garlic - hand squished. Both Punk and Kooka really get into this tradition which is fine by me - today they grated ALL of the cheese, and mixed the stuff too. They said they put "extra love" into this year's batch - so if you get one of these from us, be forewarned - I am not sure what "extra love" means - and quite possibly, it is just a fancy word for "spit."

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spit or not...looks like a lot of love goes into this project. They sure look like a lot of work. I hope you got to eat some of the finished product!

Melanie said...

I'd love the recipe. But maybe not the one with the "extra love"!!!