Wednesday, February 20, 2008

for melanie

We love Melanie. I have completely dug this chick since the day I met her. She held Punk on the day he was born, drove my dad to his doctors appointments (albeit at 86 miles per hour - possibly contributing to that valve replacement he needed). She's the only person who ever opened a Christmas gift, looked right at me and said "WTF is this?" (she had every right - I purposely bought the most hideous shirt I could just to see what she'd say). She was there on my wedding day, threw Punk's baby shower, always comments on my blogs, and still makes me laugh all of the time.

So, I was devastated to get her text message this week - "It's cancer."

Breast cancer. Surgery is scheduled for next week. I am glad they are acting fast, but think about her every day . . . and hope you will too.

She is one tough chick - and I wanted you guys to know - 'cause even tough chicks could use the extra prayers.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What did you expect? That shirt WAS damn ugly. :) Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

You're not alone girl - There are prayers and thoughts coming your way! :)

Aunt H