Saturday, May 24, 2008

this really happened

I was at GAP Kids - and the clerk was at least 40 something. I only say that - so you realize she was not some 17 year old air-head . . . well at least you will know she is not 17.

So after buying the most amazing robot shirt for Punk, she gives me my change - one of those new five-dollar bills with the purple ink. And I comment on it. I say, "Cool - I never got one of these before."

She takes it in her hands, looks it over, and says, "What does that mean? The purple 5?"

"Oh," I say, "that means it's really worth 20 bucks."

No laugh - just silence. And then this: "Really? Is that true?"

"Yes," I say. "It is true. So you'll actually have to give me three more - which means actually - you'll owe me 80 bucks."

"Wow - I didn't know - I'll probably have to call a manager to help me with that."

No way.
No way.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

which mall is THIS?!? I might have to get a stack of new fives and shop there! More for your $$ if you can put up the stupidity. Where do they get these people? I'm not so sure that whole survival of the fittest thing is working!
Heidi