Friday, March 13, 2009

retro



So last night at bedtime, I told the kids the story of 4-year-old Uncle D impaling his Stretch Monster on my parents new bedroom carpet. Kooka laughed so hard she choked, and Punk was nearly in tears. They begged me to find a picture of Stretch Monster, so they could imagine the gooey fiasco more clearly.

So, naturally, I spent the rest of my night looking for Stretch Monster on ebay and google, which led me to a commercial for both Stretch Armstrong, AND Stretch Monster . . . which led me to more 1970's toy commercials . . . which led me to 1970's cartoons . . . which led me to this super cool website ( childhood memory keeper) which led me (among other things) to this:






I LOVED that commercial. I miss my childhood. And FYI: a new, in the box Stretch Armstrong goes for about $1,500 on ebay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a rarity for me when I slice cheese (not cut the cheese...puh-lease!) that I don't start humming the "hanker for a hunk of..." song. Love it!

~Treats