Saturday, January 2, 2010

best christmas present ever

It was a good Christmas.
Back in October, I told the kids that they would have to work to save up their own money to buy Christmas gifts. Chores were plentiful, and the pay was on the generous side, but still . . .

One of my children spent $40 on his sibling. He could not run to the American Girl store fast enough. He also kicked in $20 for his dad, $5 for cousins, $6 for grandpa, $3 for gram, $18 for the professor, and after that (unbeknowst to me) was a little short for the rest of his shopping.

Which, as it turns out - is why I got the very best Christmas present ever.

He could not wait for me to unwrap it - and confided that it was his very favorite gift to give this year.

It was flat, and light and red, and filled with all of the love a ten-year-old has to give.

It was a book of coupons - 16 to be exact. Inside of that little folder was absolutely everything I could possibly need: a coupon to make my bed, to do the dishes for free, for breakfast in bed, a coupon to play whatever his sister wants for half an hour, one for a free homemade milkshake, and my favorite - "will make a fool of myself for your amusement".

I cannot wait to use that one.

No comments: