Tuesday, January 12, 2010

milkshake


So I redeemed my coupon from Punk - the one for the free milkshake.

I requested peanut butter banana, and Punk insisted that he be left to his own devices while preparing his masterpiece - no adults allowed in the kitchen.

So both the professor and I sat down to watch TV.

It was relatively quiet in the kitchen, and the professor kept throwing me sideways glances, until he simply could not stand it anymore. "Are you SURE, he can make a milkshake?! Are you sure he knows what he is doing?"

"Yes," I assured him, a bit annoyed that he would doubt the intelligence of my oldest child. I mean what moron isn't capable of blending 4 simple ingredients together and turning on the blender. "He knows exactly what he is doing. I am positive." (I wasn't)

"Well, its just that . . . I mean . . you know, he really likes to be creative."

"He's fine."

Five minutes later we hear the whirring of the blender, and no obvious screams - which tells me two things: a) no body parts got caught in the blades, and b) he remembered to put the lid on.

About three minutes after that, Kooka appears carrying two icy milkshakes. Punk follws behind with two more. We all sit down to partake. My first sip is tentative - so is the professor's. But low and behold this milkshake is not merely adequate, it is FANTASTIC - I mean really, really good - the perfect blend of flavors. I give the professor an "I told you so" look, and continue to praise Punk's culinary efforts.

"Yeah," the professor admits, "This is fantastic! I think you should open a shop!" Punk beams with pride.

"It was pretty easy," he says, "I just put in all of the ingredients; milk, ice cream, a banana, peanuts and butter."

"WHAT?!" - this is me.

"You know - peanut butter - so I put in peanuts and butter."

"Wait wait wait wait - like just cold butter from the butter dish?!"

"Yep!"

I am gagging. I can absolutely feel the fatty gobules of nasty, cold, greasy butter, covering my tongue. I think I am going to vomit. Tears pour out of my eyes - the effect of laughter, and gag reflex, and whole body convulsions.

The professor keeps drinking, just to keep from laughing out loud.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I kind of threw up a little bit in my mouth... and then laughed.

MMMMMMMM... buttery.

Treats said...

Gotta love him for trying. His logic makes perfect sense to me. The only problem, it triggers my gag reflex too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.