Wednesday, August 8, 2007

joseph makes a comeback


I have been waiting for this day for over a decade. After years of various showtunes piping through our home, finally, FINALLY, Joseph makes a comeback.

I have been obsessed with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, ever since Donny Osmond was here in 1992. My friend and I went three times, and even met Donny Osmond and the Pharoah in a back alley after the show. (Wait - that sounds like a way different "meeting" than it actually was . . .) Um, anyway . . .

So, after 8 years, of listening to Wizard of Oz, Lion King, The Wiz & Beauty and the Beast, Punk finally asked me what my favorite show was. I told him it was "Joseph" and promised we'd go if there was ever a good version playing around here. And after hearing the story and one song, both kids requested CD's, and now I am once again surrounded by the crooning of Donny Osmond, and my very favorite show ever.

A few days ago, we discover that" Joseph" is coming to the Chanhassen in November. We're all going, and if anybody wants to come with us - you better RSVP ASAP, because we intend to be in the front row.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Joseph...Medea saw it at the Ordway when she was Kooka's age with an aunt. We would love to go but are afraid at this point that we just spent our last theater money on Phantom of the Opera in DC. I think perhaps we'll have to enjoy it through you.

Jamie Willow said...

I saw it when it came to mpls and Debbie Gibson was the narrator...that was fun. I also own the movie with Donnie O...love it! you guys will have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Great work.