Monday, January 14, 2008

bust a move

Kooka has always been a ballerina. She was almost two when she took her first class, and 26 months when she started weekly lessons. Pink and swirly and sparkles and girly - that has always been her style.

But then today, we tapped her to do a cameo in a hip hop piece with 5th graders. Honestly, I thought it would be more work than it would be worth, thought I'd spend hours practicing, talking about style . . . but noooooooo.

She learned it when I was teaching the big kids, and dang - the girl can bust a move, even got hi-fives from the 11 year olds - maybe she is my kid after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Kooka bust-a-move. No doubt she was better than the rest of the girls! Twice her age, nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she gets it from me?

Dad

Anonymous said...

We alll know she didn't get it from Dad! I've seen him dance - not really a sight for little kids.

Aunt H