Friday, January 4, 2008

introducing . . .


Allow me to introduce you to the newest member of our family -

For Christmas, Kooka asked Santa for a doll that looks like her. He delivered, and she has been toting that doll around ever since.

And thanks to Uncle Rascal, who suggested that the doll's name should rhyme with Kooka's, the blonde haired, blue eyed doll has been Christened Maia Shannia - yes you heard that right. Now all she needs is a corn cob pipe and some daisy duke shorts to go with that hillbilly name:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rhyming name was perfect....I love the name, Kooka! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Treats - do me a favor . . . sit right there in your chair and say that name with a southern accent . . . Maia Shania - say it a few times.

Now tell me that it doesn't sound like Britney Spears' 11 year-old gum chomping, halter-top wearing, 11 year-old sister . . . .

It does - you know it does.

Anonymous said...

J,

If I weren't long done having babies, I'd have Kooka name my little 'uns for me. Admit it....she's good.

Melanie said...

I am picturing the halter top and the cutoffs, but it IS better than the traditional Bobbie Jean or Betty Sue.

I'd hate to have to name my doll something that rhymes with MY name... what the hell? Melanie - Sellany - Dellany - Kellany - Fellany - ugh!