Thursday, January 10, 2008

falling hard

Ever been in our house at night? A make-shift baby gate in our room to keep Ozzy in, a three foot wide fan in the hallway - and last night a laundry basket.

So when Kooka screams (for like the fifth night this week)as if the boy from the Grudge was climbing into her bed, there is a bit navigating to do.

And last night my internal GPS was apparently off. I fell - face forward, right on the edge of the gate, slid down, tumbled head over heels and landed with my head in Kooka's room, one foot in my own.

And it hurt.
A lot.

Needless to say - Kooka immediately fell silent and feigned sleep. Both Aaron and Punk woke up, called out "You OK?" and went back to sleep. I lay curled on the floor for a good five minutes before I crawled back to bed. It hurt to sleep, but today I really felt it . . my stomach is scraped up - giant bruise on my left thigh and shin, right shoulder is totally out of wack, my neck hurts, my back won't quite straighten, and the triage nurse says to just watch things . . .

. . . things like baby gates and laundry baskets - maybe I should watch those.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you are sounding like me! Should we even continue to let you drive? :) I still think that I will forever hold the Clamity Jane award for this family.

Aunt H

Melanie said...

OUCH! Sounds a little like my 'falling down the stairs' episode in October, minus the stairs and add all that crap you tripped on...

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is why the hubby and the boy when back to bed. Next time call me...or get one of those buttons you press that says, "I've fallen and I can't get up".

Feel better soon...