Saturday, June 21, 2008

girl camp



With the boys away at cub scout camp, Kooka and I decided to have some girly time.

We started with grocery shopping, so we could make a meal that Kooka loves - spaghetti and meatballs. I will not reveal the recipe here - it's top secret, but suffice it to say, that neither of us had ever had such good Italian food. We just sat at the table looking at each other, our eyes wide, not really believing we had pulled this off. The whole house still smells like fresh garlic and warm parmesan.

After that it was spa time. Kooka got a facial mask, a special candlelit bath, a rainbow pedicure and manicure, while she ate tiny chocolates and sipped cool milk from the rosebud china cup.

She was so grateful for the whole day - kept saying, "I can't believe somebody would do all of this, just for me - just so I would have a good day."

I would do it every day if I could.

No comments: