Thursday, March 4, 2010

the great american roadtrip 2.0 - day 6

We're in the Appalachian Mountains, and have limited internet service, so I'll have to be brief.

* Quick stop at the Jefferson Monument (on the anniversary of his inauguration). We got to write with feather quills, play with Jefferson-era toys (many of which we have at our house), and smell lye soap.

* A tour through the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing - where Punk got his picture taken with a million dollars, and we measured what each kid was worth in $100 bills.

* A slow drive through Gettysburg Battlefield, where all of us felt a bit uneasy at the thought of having to duel with someone at such close range.

* Dinner at Hoss's Steak and Sea.

* A swim and lots of cartoons before bed.

1 comment:

Treats said...

You didn't mention how much Punk and Kooka are worth in $100 bills. I'm relieved you didn't sell them.

I hope you have a safe and leisurely drive back home! Thanks for keeping me in the loop---I kind of feel like I've had a mini-vacation!