Saturday, September 8, 2007

more about the bride

Tonight Belina the dolphin had her dorsal fin in a binder - sorta like Mulan. I asked why and Kooka informed me that Belina is Chinese. (What?!) She said she is teaching her English, and how to be more like us, so she can be happy here in America with Dolphy.

I'm not really sure if this was some sort of mail order bride thing. It was definitely an arranged marriage, I know that much.

The tag on her tail does say "China." I hope she didn't just marry Dolphy for the green card.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you could write a soap opera line based upon the dolphins. When I see Kooka next, may I please be introduced to the new bride and groom? Or are they going off on a honeymoon? I'd love to learn all about them.

Anonymous said...

I have always said, when it comes to mail order brides you have to go asian, don't even think that eastern european is an option... so way to go whale or dolphin or whatever ordered the china bride - and I was a little lost trying to follow who came to the wedding, I could use like a flow chart with pictures or something to keep track of things. I sense a great homework assignment.

~S

Anonymous said...

Whew...ok, I'm not sure that laughing this hard is good for a person. I may have ruptured something by the time I got to "green card".

Well, I hope that Belina is right for Dolphy. These things don't always work out, especially among sea creatures.

F