Thursday, September 6, 2007

sticking to the schedule

It's harder than you think. It's supposed to go something like this on Thursdays:

Chores
Breakfast
Circle time
Music
Geography
Reading
Math
Language
Computer

But it's pretty hard to make a circle with only three people. Harder yet to alphabetize your spelling words when the Jehovah's Witness girls are knocking at the door. And nearly impossible to keep your eyes on a music scale when the dog is barfing in his kennel and eating it.

I don't think they have these distractions in public school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy buckets...you run a tight ship, J. Give the kids some fun and more recess time. When is snack time? Hopefully not right after the dog barfs and eats it (eeeewwwww). Do you do show and tell? Couldn't the Jehovah Witness girl's count as Religion Class?
Have a terrific Friday and congratulations on a big first week of school!

Anonymous said...

Yeah we do show and tell - but it goes something like this:

"This is my stuffed dog Skipper."
"I've already seen that."
"OK, then this is my new puzzle."
"I've seen that too."
"Here is my favorite book."
"Seen it."
"My special necklace,"
"Seen it. Seen it. Seen it."

Then come the tears and the slamming of a bedroom door.
"Seen it."