Friday, October 19, 2007

love song

So I'm listening to quite possibly the most heartbreaking love song ever - I Try by Macy Gray.

I believe that fate has brought us here,
and we should be together babe, but we're not.
I play it off, but I'm dreaming of you.
And I'll keep my cool but I'm feigning.
I try to say goodbye and I choke, try to walk away and I stumble.
Though I try to hide it, it's clear,
my world crumbles when you are you are not here. . . .
Boy I need your touch, your love, kisses and such.


Suddenly Punk pipes in "This song is so incredibly sad mom. Just so sad."
"Yes it is," I tell him. "It's about saying goodbye to someone."

And I should have seen this coming . . .
He sniffles and says, "Remember my toad Pickles? And how I had to let him go back to the pond?"
"Yes honey I remember."
His little blue eyes are wet and he says, "Well this girl's voice sounds exactly like a toad's - it's so beautiful. And I can imagine Pickles sitting on the bridge singing it as I walk away from him. And it makes me sad."

And I love that Punk is who he is, and that he has his very own love story.
I'm not sure Macy Gray would take it as a compliment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my step-mom just read that and is still laughing 5 minutes later...she is crying, haha i love your family