Thursday, October 25, 2007

my new favorite outfit


I woke up to this.

It is actually my authentic Norwegian dress from when I was Little Miss Norway in California. It's been hanging in the back of Kooka's closet since she was born. I'd forgotten it was there - I didn't think she even knew about it. But here she was this morning -in native dress, lips ablaze with bright red lipstick, pretending to be a "real princess from Norway."

Laugh if you will, but about an hour into it, she decided it would be much more fun to be a servant girl. She has spent the better part of the day reminding me to "order her around, and give her extra work to do." First she folded my laundry, then made the beds, swept the floor, set the table, served me a drink and read me a royal story. Each request was met with a curtsy, and a "whatever you desire your highness." This is the BEST GAME EVER!

I know everybody is laughing at this costume - but I am going to let her wear it every day. Later she is coming in to brush my hair and fluff the pillows.

I wish I could find one of these suits for Punk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha you were little miss norway! Don't you just love being treated like royalty? :)

Anonymous said...

Laugh it up princess - at least I didn't have lace sleeves.
-j

Anonymous said...

true but at least I wasn't dressed like a servant girl.

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute. Could you share more about what it was like to be Miss Norway? I'd like to hear about it and see pictures! Kaia looks very cute (when doesn't she?). Enjoy your pampering!