Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nocturnal-itis


So yesterday Punk woke up with a sore throat. He was warm and tired and just didn't feel well. So I made him do his math, let him hop in my bed with a new book, and just rest.

So about lunch time he's feeling groovy again, and wants to go to choir that afternoon. I tell him nooooo way. If he's too sick for school then he is too sick for choir. He pulls his covers up to his nose and says, "I think what I'm suffering from is just nocturnal-itis."

Turns out the kid was awake until 3 o'clock in the morning! I should have known - partly because I am his mother, and partly because I was up at the same time.

The insomnia in this house is unbearable. Kooka and Aaron will be out cold within 3 minues of hitting the pillow. But for Punk and I, it just doesn't happen. He was so miserable the next morning that Kooka made this get well card for him (or maybe it is just a warning sign).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Punk, time to get off the coffee and start warm milk at bedtime!