Thursday, October 11, 2007

slacker

This week has not been the best teaching week for me. Which means it has not been the best learning week for Punk and Kooka. I am sick (with what I don't even pretend to know - but it makes me sore and sleepy and grumpy - but not sneezey or dopey). Anyway - thank God for Ms. Toni. She comes on Mondays for art lessons - but the truth is that she seems to know something about everything - and when the kids are working with her they are completely and totally enraptured and inspired and just thrilled to be with her.

Between that, our walk through the arb with Treats and Medea, play practice and Schoolhouse Rock - that is about all the school we've had this week.

Some people I know do school like that every day. Which I'm sure Punk would love. Kooka would hate it. And I would completely freak out.

Then again - if we stayed inside all day we never would have seen the two blue egrets, the snake, the silky milkweed pods, Pig Pen's oh-so-funny snide remarks or Mr. Gilbreth's sweet dance moves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you just have to take your kids to Ecuador where you can go on a night hike with Fernaaaando who will most definitely let you hold a water snake he pulled out of the stream you're standing in with his bare hands!!