Friday, October 5, 2007

setting her heart

"I want to get my heart set on someone." That is what the girl said.

There has been much talk about Kooka's wedding for the past year. It is quite a concern for her. The fact that she is only 5, does not seem to matter. She is constantly asking, and worrying and planning. Today the converstaion went like this:

Kooka: "So what if it is time for my wedding and I still don't know WHO I want to marry."
Me: "Well you don't plan the wedding until you know who you want to marry."
Kooka: "But there IS nobody good to marry. How am I ever going to find the perfect person?"
Me: "Um, you are FIVE."
Kooka: "Quit rubbing it in."
Me: "OK, what I mean is that you have a lot of time to find someone. You might meet them at college or at work, or something like that."
Kooka: "I know, but I want to get my heart set on someone now."

I don't know if this is the product of one too many Disney Princess Movies or what.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J- I think you need to write a book about your conversations with your kids. Poor girl. My advice to Kaia is that when she's in her 20's or 30's and doing the amazing things that she's going to do, Prince Charming will show up when she least expects it. Prince Charming only comes when you're busy NOT looking for him. I found mine when I was so not looking for or wanting one in my life. That was almost 20 years ago!

Kooka, you are the most beautiful and sweet, loveable girl. Do you know that?

Anonymous said...

Kooka - I will pass along the best advise that I can. (it's from Julie and Danny's mom) She said that you shouldn't marry the person that you can live with, you should marry the one that you CAN'T live without! that means that you can set your heart on the most wonderful, loving person in the world. When you meet him you will know! From your single aunt - there will be a day when you find the right man but for now I suggest that you let your daddy be the man in your life! Love Aunt H

Anonymous said...

I like disney princess movies too..we should totally have a disney princess movie marathon!